After installing Apache on my WindowsXP, I was able to access the default website from anywhere in my home. But I was not able to access my home server from outside. Here are few things I did to make it work:
1) Optain IP address:
I initially used ipconfig to get IP address: 198.168.0.9
1) Modify httpd.conf file to include:
Listen 80
ServerName 198.168.0.9
2) Modify your router firewall settings to forward access to homeserver to Port80
3) Make sure Windows default firewall was turned off
4) Temorarily turned off Mcaffee firewall as well
5) After doing these steps, I tried to access http://198.168.0.9/ from outside & it still did not work.
It turns out that 198.168.0.9 is only behind router inside my home. For visibility outside, I went to http://speedtest.net/ which shows IP address visible from outside. It was http://24.22.113.229/. Accessing this address worked without any problem
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment